Action

"It is easy to sit and keep thinking, it is tough to get up and act."

May be it is the state that I find myself in at times, may be, it is something with the way I'm seeing things at times - a sort of standing glance sweeping long tracts which yields to empty thoughts although which can beguile with plenty of content. Good to see, but if one begins to take that content personally, one can perhaps just sit and mope and stay in those empty thoughts because the thing with sweeping glances is that a life is a small unit. And one cannot put it up all the time to be compared with infinite sweeping. Maybe it is some passing phase where I often need to remind myself to look at what I have rather than... - shouldn't need reminding, should be automatic ideally, the gratefulness for what I have. Maybe, it is just the blues affecting me.

Whatever it is, this thought above, said to me, is a sort of nice way to look at things, a much-needed reprimand. To remember and live by, especially when the thoughts that surround you are blue spirally. One needs to choose the harder thing of action. Any action.

Here perhaps the action from '12 rules for life' - something like look around you, what is bothering you? Can you do something about it? Are you willing to do something about it? Then perhaps do it. 

The only thing I'll change in this is the part about willing, of giving oneself the choice. Sometimes, choice consideration is just glorified idling. Esp in the blue spirally phases of thoughts. Sometimes one just needs to act. And if one does not know on what, then look around, interact with your surrounds, take care of yourself (as you would your friend or person in your charge/care), and take care of your surrounds. Take the tougher path and start doing, acting.